What To Expect From Harcourts Property Management
CommunicationWe will effectively communicate with you. Your Harcourts Property Manager will discuss your needs and develop a policy for the prompt response and resolution of matters for you and your investment. We sometimes spend a large amount of time away from the office appraising property, inspecting and managing property, however, be assured we will respond.
LettingYou can expect:
- We will undertake comprehensive listing notes about your property.
- We will have the property photographed where appropriate and an advert composed. We will have the property listed on all the real estate web sites that we subscribe to.
- We will place your property in the newspapers as agreed between us.
- We will schedule viewings of your property as required to all prospective tenants until your home is rented. (Subject to access provided to us by any current occupant)
- We will erect a "For Rent" sign (if appropriate) on your property at time of listing (upon request and if signs are permitted).
- We will subject all applications to:
- A check on the appropriate tenancy databases
- Verification of applicant's former renting references.
- Verification of the applicant's employment.
- We will ( unless instructed otherwise ) refer all potentially suitable applications to you for approval.
- We will let your property for the asking amount of rent. (as outlined in your management agreement with us). We will not let your property at a lower amount, without first obtaining your permission.
- We will complete and execute the tenancy agreement and give the tenant's possession of your property once the rental applicant process has been approved.
- We will complete and execute the tenancy agreement and explain in detail their responsibilities and obligations.
- We will secure all appropriate ingoing costs from the tenant.
- We will lodge the bond in accordance with the legislation.
- We will forward a copy of the tenancy agreement to you (if requested).
- We will have regular contact with you and feedback for you throughout the process.
Rent CollectionYou can expect:
- We have a zero tolerance rent arrears policy which we outline clearly to all tenants when they are signing their tenancy agreement.
- We will process rent payments daily.
- We will follow up all late rent payments in accordance with our management agreement.
- We will contact you to make recommendation and seek your instructions, should termination of the tenancy be an option.
- We will keep you informed throughout the legal process, should termination be necessary.
- We will provide you with an annual financial summary (if requested).
Property InspectionsYou can expect:
- We will undertake a comprehensive Property Condition Report and possibly photograph, prior to the property being occupied.
- We will conduct routine inspections regularly and provide you with a written report. At these routine inspections we will report to you any repairs or preventative maintenance that may be necessary
- We will conduct a comprehensive property inspection when the tenants vacate.
AccountingYou can expect:
- We will deposit the nett proceeds of your rental income into your nominated bank account as per your management agreement.
- We will provide you with all copies of invoices for any repairs required at your property if requested.
- We will pay all property outgoings as agreed on your behalf prior to the due date (subject to the availability - of funds).
Maintenance and RepairsWe expect that property owners will undertake recommended repairs to their rental property in order to preserve the value of the property, meet legislative obligations and maintain a positive relationship with the tenants. At Harcourts, we prefer tenants to submit all maintenance requests in writing.You can expect:
- We will not undertake repairs to your property in excess of your nominated amount, without first obtaining your approval. NOTE: This excludes emergencies and repairs that are required to be rectified by law.
- We will contract a tradesperson within a timely manner for non urgent repair requests.
- We will attend to any urgent repair requests.
- We will only use trades people who are properly licensed and insured to handle the type of work being performed on your property.
Tenancy RenewalsYou can expect:
- We will review the tenancy agreement for your property in advance of its expiry, advising of current rental market conditions.
- We will not renew a tenancy agreement without your express written permission unless stated in the management agreement.
- We will advise you of any advice by the tenants that they are not renewing their lease.
- We will minimize vacancies by promptly acting on vacate advice.
- We will proactively manage the tenancy agreement renewal process.
Rent ReviewYou can expect:
- We will regularly review rent in accordance with the current legislation to ensure you receive the highest rent possible.